Grade A Energy Efficient – reduce heating costs.
High quality security features on all our windows.
Choice of chain or cord pulley
Timber sash windows
The design of our vertical sliding sash window is the product of an extensive collaboration between the technicians of Enfield Windows Company and the manufacturers.
Our Timber Sash Windows are created and designed to reproduce, the timeless look of English sash windows which were progressively developed from early use by the architect Christopher Wren, through to their most elegant peak in the Georgian and Edwardian periods.
Thanks to modern design and construction techniques, the dimensions of sash frames, meeting rails and glazing bars have been reduced to a more slime line profile, with traditional mouldings subtly modified to suit modern construction technology.
To accommodate the extra weight of today’s modern double-glazed units, the sliding sashes are hung on traditional sash cords; this means that the frame retains a long proven reliability of the simple counterbalance weights and in the long term significantly means less maintenance.
The Quadruple draught strips stop rattles, and extremely high insulation (1.1W/m2K) glazing units minimise heat loss and down draughts are reduced to a minimal, the Multi-layered engineered timber and very careful attention to detail minimise the swelling and warping that can cause jamming on windows produced solely using one piece of timber, also during wet weather the risk of swelling is minimised. In short the hardwood frames we supply are built to last and stringently tested to all weather conditions
- European Redwood, Meranti Hardwood or Oak
- Glazing options of 24mm / 32mm and a triple glazed unit of 32mm are all optional
- Fully drained and vented
- Glazed and beaded internally
- All units are Factory glazed with argon gas filled units soft coat energy saving glass and warm edge spacer bar to give 1.1W/m2K U-value
- Engineered Multi-layer timber sections
- Sprayed Factory finished with preservative, primer and two coats of micro-porous paint
- Period ironmongery available
- Sliding sashes are Hung on lead weights and cords alternatively they can be Spring balanced for fitting into direct brick
- Solid brass/ Chrome or traditional black fittings available
- Quadruple draught strips
- Sash lifts to bottom rail
About Our Timber
At Enfield windows we are specialist’s in beautifully crafted timber windows and doors which offer all the advantages of modern technology. Using multi layered cross grained timber with micro porous factory finished paints, our casement and sash windows can be replicated to any design and style required and are all tailor made to suit your requirements. These truly are a stunning window and a great option for customers looking to achieve all the benefits of double glazing whilst also wishing to maintain the character and charm of their property. In our showroom at 149 Chase side we have on display fully working timber French doors, front doors, casement and sliding sash windows for your viewing.