Made to measure
Shutter styles and types
5 Reasons while you should consider shutters for your windows
Whilst plantation shutters are a popular design option in many houses, there is also many practical reasons for installing Plantation Shutters to your old or new windows.
Whilst trying to decide between traditional window coverings such as curtains, Blinds or plantation shutters, listed below are 5 reasons why plantation shutters maybe your best choice.
- Due to their energy efficient design shutters can in fact quite often save you money. All shutters are bespoke & made to fit your new or old windows so there are no gaps around the outside which ensures when you closed up they will substantially help keep the house cool in the summer and most importantly especially on older windows help reduce draughts in the winter.
- Whilst also being functional in reducing draughts and keeping rooms cooler having shutters installed also offers timeless and period look. Changing curtains/blinds with a new look or style quite often can get expensive. Plantation shutters will hold up the test of time due to their study build for decades to come.
- Not only will having Plantation Shutters installed create the perfect finish around the windows they will also add value to your home there elegant and period look is quite often seen as a feature when selling your home.
- The wide of slats allow you to control the shutter depending on your needs. If you want to enjoy the view with the simple operational rod why not open them all the way. If you’re trying to keep the house cool in the summer with one swift action you can simply close them up, or for somewhere in between thes ese of function allows you to have some filtered light while still providing privacy
- As well as being the more desired option for home coverings Plantation shutters are considered to be very low maintenance. Apart from an occasional dusting they’ll great on your windows for years.