Made to measure
Bespoke colour choices
Various styles and designs
Beautiful, bespoke window shutters
Enfield Windows bespoke range of luxury made-to-measure window shutters deliver an unrivalled beauty and elegance to your home.
Once installed, they’ll look like an integral part of your home’s décor. At Enfield Windows, you can choose from a wide selection of modern, traditional or security styles, each with simple controls to position their louvres for greater light and control.
All of our shutters are custom-made, giving you complete freedom to choose the perfect style for your home.
Made using premium quality, FSC-approved timber they are available in Paulownia and Basswood hardwoods. Whilst also offering British-made, ‘City Chic’ composite shutters, which are perfect solutions for rooms where there is high humidity.
Amongst many an important factor to consider when looking to purchase new shutters is the colour. A typical finish is white or for a more bespoke option they can be manufactured using a variety of colours from the STD RAL chart or as a special order. We can match any Farrow and Ball colour to give your new shutters a totally personalised look.
A variety of stains and varnishes can also be used all of which we have on display in our showroom.
Shutter styles and types
Full Height Shutters
Tier on Tier Shutters
Guardsman aluminium Shutters
Shaped / Arched Shutters
5 Reasons while you should consider shutters for your windows
Whilst plantation shutters are a popular design option in many houses, there are also many practical reasons for installing window shutters to your old or new windows.
Whilst trying to decide between traditional window coverings such as curtains, blinds or plantation shutters, listed below are five reasons why plantation shutters may be your best choice.
- Due to their energy-efficient design shutters can in fact quite often save you money. All shutters are bespoke & made to fit your new or old windows so there are no gaps around the outside. This ensures when you close up they will substantially help keep the house cool in the summer and most importantly especially on older windows, help reduce draughts in the winter.
- Whilst also being functional in reducing draughts and keeping rooms cooler, having shutters installed also offers a timeless and period look. Changing curtains/blinds with a new look or style quite often can get expensive. Plantation shutters will hold up the test of time due to their sturdy build for decades to come.
- Not only will having plantation shutters installed create the perfect finish around the windows, they will also add value to your home. Their elegant and period look is quite often seen as a feature when selling your home.
- The width of the slats allows you to control the shutter depending on your needs. If you want to enjoy the view with the simple operational rod why not open them all the way. If you’re trying to keep the house cool in the summer with one swift action, you can simply close them up or for somewhere in between these, ease of function allows you to have some filtered light while still providing privacy.
- As well as being the more desired option for home coverings plantation shutters are considered to be very low maintenance. Apart from an occasional dusting, they’ll look great on your windows for years.
The most popular mechanism located in the centre of the louvre
A more traditional mechanism with each Adjustable rod placed to the outside of the shutter
Hidden along the back of each panel running alongside the louvre